Good Cookbook for Configmgr
Great book that will get you started with Configuration Manager 2012!
Well written by experienced Configmgr MVPs (Brian Mason and Greg Ramsey).
Configuration Manager are complex and may seem hard to get at first, so reading this in advance and underway will definitly give you a benefit and guidence.
Link to bookstore: Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager: Administration
- Install SQL before considering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Set up security so administrators can’t see or touch each other’s machines
- Use the new System Center 2012 Configuration Manager features to set up monthly patching
- Create applications, deploy them, enforce them, and monitor them
- Create Security Baselines and Monitor Drift
- Use Compliance Settings instead of Hardware or Software Inventory
- Set up Discovery and Inventory with the least impact to the network
- Install SRS and edit the canned reports
- Flatten your hierarchy to get faster reporting back from your clients
- Deploy Windows 7 to your workstations
- Manage drivers for your images
- Leverage boundary groups to save you work